A pencil dress featuring cap sleeves and a V-neck at the back, with an (optional) eye-catching detail.
In a photo step-for-step sewing guide accompanying this model (Full Sewing Guide) you will learn how finish cap sleeves and make a decorative criss-cross detail at the back.
Conversion between EU / US / UK (AU) sizing systems:
MySizePatterns womenswear sizes
MySizePatterns menswear sizes
A general advice on choosing the right sized pattern for a given type of a garment you will find in the articles Choosing the right size and Which height to choose.
The patterns for ladies are available in different bust sizes (read Bust size matters and Choosing the bust size ) or in different waist sizes (Non-standard waist line) and most of them also for different types of the back discussed in the article Perfectly non-standard.
The patterns for gentlemen are available in a version for Sloping shoulders and/or different waist lines.
What is a Sway back ?
It is extremely important that you have your accurate measurements when deciding which size to choose. Read how to take them in Taking measurements.
For your convenience our sizing tables are available in two metric notions: centimeters and inches.
MySizePatterns size charts – Ladies
MySizePatterns size charts – Gentlemen
We have written a set of articles helping you Getting Started with MySizePatterns. Make sure that you will not miss them.
In particular, if you are new here (Welcome to MySizePatterns !) you may find some useful tips on creating an account and downloading patterns in Downloading patterns.
How to print and assembly a pattern is explained in articles Printing the pattern and Pattern assembly.
What are MySizePatterns products .
Each product is an instant download including:
1. Printable PDF sewing pattern in a chosen size range (size bundle) in a print-at-home format. The patterns are available in A4 format as well as in the US letter format. Each size is provided in a separate file. Patterns have seam allowances for sewing and hemming.
2. Detailed step-by-step photo tutorial dedicated to a given pattern, showing all sewing steps of this project.
3. Recommendations on achieving the best fit of a given garment. Tips on simple model alternations.
4. Recommended fabrics with pro’s and con’s.
5. Indication of all materials needed, including the information how much fabric to buy – given in both metric systems (cm and inch).
6. Comments on a difficulty level, drawing your attention to some specific points.
7. Comments on ease and guidance on choosing the proper pattern size.
8. Cutting layouts showing how to lay the pattern pieces out on your fabric
9. Pattern pieces list helping to understand the model structure.
10. Technical sketch clearly showing all design lines of a model.
11. Size chart, which helps to define the correct size and easily convert the EU size to UK and US sizes.
You can also order this pattern in your individual measurements via a Custom order form.